This course will cover the requirements for certification as NFPA 1021 Fire Officer I. This course
will help the Company Officer command the initial response and to manage numerous aspects
associated with the daily operations of the fire company.
- Role of the Fire Officer
- Developing effective communication skills</li>
- Compliance issues; Accountability issues
- Managing the safety and wellness of fire service personnel
- Quality Management
- Public fire safety education
- Progressive discipline and performance appraisals
- Building collapse
- Fire cause determination
- Incident command system.